This is a list of places in the Plattsburgh area that you should visit if you are a home brewer or craft beer enthusiast.
Home Brew Supplies
- Vermont Homebrew Supply (Winooski, VT)
- Elfs Farm (Plattsburgh, NY) – Not sure how much supplies they carry. Call ahead.
- Richard’s Bait and Tackle – 71 Johnson Avenue Plattsburgh, NY. Hands down the best place to buy bottles of beer in the Plattsburgh area. Great prices! Watch best by dates.
- Bark’s Beer Cave More selection than Richard’s, but no prices on the bottles and when you get to the cash register, you are surprised!
- Craft Beer Cabin
Brew Pubs and Breweries
- Plattsburgh Brewing Company – Don’t be fooled by it’s location in the Comfort Inn hotel. They produce quality beer at great prices! Usually, 10 beers of their own on tap and additional domestics/imports. A great place to dine and watch the game!
- Livingood’s Restuarant and Brewery – Great food and beer! Located in Peru, NY, Livingood’s is a great, family-friendly place! Space for events, outdoor seating and a great menu
- Oval Craft Brewing – A great tasting room located in a historic firestation on the Oval which once was home to a military base.
- Valcour Brewing Company – Located steps away from Oval, Valcour is housed in a beautiful historic building (Barricks) once used for military personnel.
- Ausable Brewing Company – A great, country side, farm location with great views. Open only 3 days a week, Ausable is a great place to enjoy music and food trucks – check out their facebook page!
- Lake Placid Pub and Brewery – Although their bottled beer is brewed by the people at F.X Matts (Saranac), they still produce beer on site! A great place to go after a hike!
- Great Adirondack Brewing Co. – Another place in Lake Placid that serves great food and brews made in house – around 7 house beers at all times.